With cybersecurity risk on the rise, Managed Detection and Response (MDR) security services give you the end-to-end security technology necessary to reduce key metrics like Mean Time to Detect (MTTD), Mean Time to Investigate (MTTI), and Mean Time to Respond (MTTR). By outsourcing security operations, you can also gain significant cost reductions when compared to building your own security operations center (SOC).
How Does MDR Security Enhance Cybersecurity?
Solving cybersecurity challenges is complex. With MDR security, you get everything you need to create a resilient cybersecurity program including:
MDR provides a complete team of security experts who manage daily cybersecurity monitoring, detection, and response tasks.
To mitigate data breach risks, MDR security solutions offer a complete set of services that include incident response processes with risk scoring to triage alerts.
A complete cybersecurity technology stack can be expensive, and MDR offers best-in-class technologies that use advanced analytics and machine learning.
Why is MDR Security Needed?
Most companies choose MDR service providers because they either need additional staff or their current staff is experiencing alert fatigue.
The cybersecurity skills gap is real. Hiring the right security analysts who have the background needed to mitigate risk is time-consuming. With so few experienced cybersecurity professionals, hiring a full-time SOC team can be cost-prohibitive–and once you’ve found the talent, retaining them can be just as difficult.
MDR Security Solutions Can Fill Gaps
In other cases, a company may have an IT team with some cybersecurity capabilities managing its security. However, these small teams face new challenges like remote work, more supply chain partners, the Internet of Things (IoT), and hybrid networks. All of these factors contribute to a drastic increase in the attack surface. These teams struggle to prioritize the alerts, and often lack the capabilities to respond effectively. The right MDR security solution can fill all of these gaps.
How to Select the Right MDR Security Service for your Company
Just like every company is different, every MDR security provider is unique. Finding the right MDR solution means understanding your current cybersecurity posture and understanding the services that complement what you have in place.
If you’re looking for an MDR security solution, you should consider asking the following questions:
- Does the provider align with your business and security objectives? That is: do they understand your mission?
- Does the service include a universal control plane, managing all your security tools from a single portal, including on-premises, cloud, and hybrid?
- Is all the telemetry aggregated in a single data lake?
- Does the provider have the expertise to maximize your existing investments in security infrastructure?
- Does the provider partner with you to the extent needed to understand your environment?
- Is it a collaborative relationship? Does the provider work as an extension of your security and IT teams?
- What metrics and reports are available to measure the performance of the solution?
- Is the MDR solution provided as part of a comprehensive security system, delivering people, processes and technology to meet your goals?
Open Systems MDR+
Open Systems MDR+ with Mission Control is the only managed detection and response service that protects customers today and increases their security maturity for tomorrow. Built for Microsoft security customers, MDR+ combines certified experts, exemplary processes, and seamless technology to deliver tailored, 24×7 protection while reducing attack surfaces and MTTR.